To be eligible to officiate subvarsity games, officials must meet the following requirements.
- Official must be a member in good standing with the SPC
- Pass the written TASO Football test with a score of > 70
- Attend either a Regional Rules clinic or the TASO State Football Meeting
Each year the TTU Chapter of the NFF awards a local official with the award of "Outstanding Offical", those individuals are noted below.
|2002||Jim Schiermeyer||2003||Bill Ledbetter|
|2004||Mike Liner||2005||Robert Cameron|
|2006||Jake Webb||2007||Max Smithy|
|2011||Richard Whittenburg||2012||Ronnie Freeman|
|2013||Ken Patterson||2014||Don Collins & Ron Hedrick|
|2015||Kelly Comer||2016||Chris Snead|
|2017||Brad Rogers||2018||Kelly Robinson|
|2019||Randy Adams||2022||Oscar Shorten|
The purpose of the B. Curtis Barrett award is to recognize an individual associated with the chapter for his superior achievement as a football official, his involvement and assistance in improving the reputation of the chapter, and his contribution to the community.
- An individual who best exemplifies those personal characteristics demonstrated by B. Curtis Barrett during his forty-two years of officiating may be considered for this award.
- Any member in good standing may nominate any other member in good standing by written nomination to the chapter Vice-President by the first regularly scheduled chapter meeting in October of each year.
|Robert Cameron||Charlie Caraway||John Cobb||Ronnie Freeman|
|Carl Johnson||Bill Ledbetter||Mike Liner||Cotton Neely|
|Ray O'Brien||Jim Schiermeyer||Lewis Sessums||Max Smithey|
|Cliff Thompson||Jake Webb|